Role Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round and About

Go down

Don't you just love being lazy?

Round and About I_vote_lcap0%Round and About I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Round and About I_vote_lcap100%Round and About I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Round and About Empty Round and About

Post  Unknown.You Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:11 pm

"Hey let's see what's inside," my friend Clark stated as we passed an old antique shop on our way from school. I of course rejected the notion, but when Jeff, Beth and Clara agreed to it, I ended up complying. I was the only sensible one in our small team of miscreants, but my best friend Clark would probably be the leader of it though, seeing as to how he'd always have some way to bring us all together. Aside from him was Jeff, a brainiac with a love of fruit tarts, Clara, a sporty tomboy who also happens to be Clark's twin sister, and Beth, a strict class president whose personality quirk is little to hard for me to comprehend, let alone explain.

Yup. These are my friends. And there they went, going off into the shady antique shop that was hidden in the alley way between QQ's and Walbersons. And here I was, finding myself reluctantly following. As I stepped in a gust of wind blew away the air behind me, and a crisp scent of burning incense filled the air. the shop was small and compact, fill with shelves and tables and bins filled to the brim of miscellaneous items that ranged from foreign books to eyes in a jar?!  I jumped. Partly because of the door slamming behind me, and partly because the eyes seemed to be staring into me. I heard a chuckle behind me and jabbed lightly at my best friend's shoulder.

"Shut up you asshole," I scoffed, fixing my glasses and placing my hair back behind my right ear.

"Kristopher got scared by a door, guys. A DOOR!" Clark continued his laughter as my friends just smiled and chuckled in acknowledgement.

"I didn't get scared from the door. I got scared because of the eyes." I pointed towards the jar and nearly screamed alongside my friend because an old woman on a step ladder was at the end of my finger. Clark, when he saw jumped onto me and stared terrified.

"It's rude to point at others you know." The old woman stated. I put my finger away and stepped backwards to let her get off of the stool. The old woman was shorter than me, and her age was quite apparent. Wrinkles laid upon her face, creating dark crevices on her cheeks and above her forehead. Her eyes glared even more intensely than the eyes on the shelf. The eyes that...Weren't there anymore? Past the old woman, the jar that was laid upon the shelf was gone. I stood quietly as the woman walked past me. "It's also rude to describe me as old."

My eyes widened as I stuttered for an explanation, but she probably didn't hear me because she went to another room through the doorway behind the counter which was divided by a cloth. Clark let go a bit embarrassed by the hypocrisy he had created in that action. We both shrugged it off and decided to continue our walk about.

He, alongside of my other friends dispersed into the dim room, looking at the various strange items around. As I looked around on my own, my eyes focused on a small ornate dagger in the corner of the room. It was on display within a brown box, and had a tag on its side that identified itself to be twelve dollars. I went over and picked it up. The blade was fake, and dusty, but metallic none the less; the hilt was wooden and it's grip was leather. It was worn out and the color was faded, but despite its appearance, I took it with me to buy. I saw Clark at the other side of the room looking into a barrel filled with swords with the same build, and walked quietly over, quickly placing the blade at the base of his neck.

"Gimme your money," I stated in a scruffy voice. He chuckled and smiled to show that he was playing along.

"Do you think that you can threaten me petty thief?" He gently elbowed my rib cage and drew a sword from the barrel. "I am Prince of the Griffins, Clark'-ous' the Grand!"

We slowly enacted the blade battle when a wooden mallet clashed my dagger away from him. Jeff stood between.

"Don't worry my liege," Jeff stated, "I'll hold him off here. Take Princess Clara and flee!"

I laughed evilly, "General of the knights, Jeff the Iron Hammer! You won't stop me!"

Jeff gasped in 'fear', "Now that I look at you...No! You're Kristopher Crook-Shot! Master of the Assassins Guild!"

As the three of us continued our little game, I heard Beth sigh in the background. "You guys shouldn't be playing around in here!" She stated, pointing at us with a large book in her hand, "You could break something, and Jeff I expected more from you."

The three of us stopped. "Pfft. You're no fun." Clark said putting the sword back and venturing off again into the store. Jeff followed suit.

"We should leave soon. I wanna start reading this book as soon as I get home," Beth said. Everybody else shrugged and continued their own adventure. I held my soon-to-be dagger and began swinging it around, but soon found myself tripping over something. With a loud thud, I dropped my dagger and hit my head against the floor boards. A 'told you so' was also heard in the background. I got up and walked over to pick up the blade. I looked over to what tripped me, and saw a pile of books. After fixing it, I stood up and saw a doll house, shaped like those old town homes in the fantasy manga I usually read, displaying itself proudly upon table in front of me.

I, in particular, am not a huge fan of dolls, but this small thing perplexed me, and drew me in with utter strange curiosity. The walls were new looking, and stone, no dust, was on it, despite that the table it was on was covered with it. The thing was two-story, an uncommon thing for village homes, and had a chimney. Its roof had red tiles and was each placed delicately. The wooden supports, finely sanded, complemented the structure in aesthetics. I didn't really know why this new looking house was standing amongst the many old and worn things around me. It even had clear, clean windows! Like, when I peered through I saw a beady little eye peer back?! I placed my dagger on the table, quickly opening it, as if I had no control over my body, and looked inside to find four dolls. Each of these things were well-crafted, and had distinctive facial features, but what's weird was that aside from the fantasy-esque clothing-style, the eyes, the hair style and colors, but most of all the faces themselves matched all four of my friends. I picked up the orange haired doll in an embroidered cloak and turned.

"Hey Beth this doll looks just like you." I said, but when I looked out into the store I noticed that everybody was gone. No trace of anybody. "Hey guys? Did you leave with out me?" Curiosity turned into fear as I heard the doll house close behind me. I quickly traded the doll for my dagger and looked around. "Hello? Who is there?" Something must have been wrong because despite all the terror I was feeling, I was lightheaded, and my eyes grew heavy. I stumbled over my own two feet and fell to the floor. A wave of darkness and chill flew upon me...and then...

Nothing...

~End of Prologue~
Unknown.You
Unknown.You
Admin

RPoints : 221624

https://tagashi.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Round and About Empty Chapter 1: From Nothing Begins Something?!

Post  Unknown.You Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:30 pm

My eyes shot open, and I straight up breathing heavily.
Unknown.You
Unknown.You
Admin

RPoints : 221624

https://tagashi.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum